Sunday, July 7, 2013

Two weeks in Maine

Before I came to Maine I was not really sure what to expect.  Well it has been two weeks since I arrived to this very different and interesting place and all I can say I'm enjoying the ride so far.

Everyday is a new and exciting bundle of new workouts. Some easy some really hard.  A couple of days ago we went "bogging", which consisted of running as hard as you can through marshlands.  It was hard indeed but also incredibly fun.

Yesterday we were part of 7k adventure race which was the Maine version of a spartan race minus the fad and the costly entrance fees.  After jumping through ponds and army crawling through heavily forests I was tired but felt so alive.

The rollerski is also heavily on effect in Maine.  I love how Will, my coach, figure out ways to help me ski faster and more efficiently and so far it's working.  I have had already more technique work than I did all last summer and it feels great because I can feel my body becoming faster while using less energy..  It's a great feeling.

Being part of a team has been great, and the benefits have become apparent.  We ride together to training venues and we feed energy to each other.  I have been learning so much from new roommates about skiing and def about some country living..  Things I did not take part in my past.

Next week is the first Maine camp where a lot of skiers from everywhere will join us and we all will try to become better skiers and people through it.  Needless to say I am very excited!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment